TDP Domino same machine TSM Server

rolis5

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Can I install the Lotus Domino Server, the TDP and the TSM server (V5.5.x or V6.x) on the same machine?

Thanks in advance for your help.

yup...

fair warning - Domino is an I/O abuser and so is TSM, so depending on what each instance is doing it might not be the best idea ever...

yup...

fair warning - Domino is an I/O abuser and so is TSM, so depending on what each instance is doing it might not be the best idea ever...

Thanks fory our comment, the reason we want to do it this way is because we´ve got only one AIX server, which will do all the job (Domino and TSM),we´ll only have one B/A an only one TDP on the same machine where is the domino server and the tsm server. Is this configuration supported?

yes, been there - use shared memory instead of tcpip for your commmethod ;) Works fine.

yes, been there - use shared memory instead of tcpip for your commmethod ;) Works fine.

Thanks a lot, and thanks again for the tip, i know it'll be very useful. Which tsm server version do you have?

Mm its been a little while since they shared a node...would have been a 5.umm...

No reason that I'm aware of that 5.5 would have an issue in any way...I guess there's a vague chance that a DB2 enabled Domino + TSM 6 might have an interop problem...something to check I guess. TSM is quite happy to run multiple DB2 instances on a node...not sure about versioning issues with a Domino DB2 instance though.

Mm its been a little while since they shared a node...would have been a 5.umm...

No reason that I'm aware of that 5.5 would have an issue in any way...I guess there's a vague chance that a DB2 enabled Domino + TSM 6 might have an interop problem...something to check I guess. TSM is quite happy to run multiple DB2 instances on a node...not sure about versioning issues with a Domino DB2 instance though.

Thanks a lot for your kindly help.
Best Regards

Back