TDP client cannot send the backup data to TSM server.

xionghaijian

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have two server A and B. A is for TSM server. B is for Backup/Archive client and TDP client. Exchange 2003 server is running on server B.

I performed a TDP backup on server B with command "tdpexcc backup STG1,STG2,STG3 full /backupdest=TSM /backupmethod=vss". After VSS provider generated the snapshot(check it with command vshadow -q), I wait for about 24 hours, TSM server cannot received any data from TDP client(check it with command query stgpool diskpool).

I ever successfully do this backup before I reinstalled TSM server. The network communication is normal(check it with files copy between server A and B by \\A's hostname or IP). I don't know what cause this problem.

TDP for Exchange: 5.5.0.0
TSM Backup/Archive: 5.5.0.6
TSM server: 5.5.0.3

It will be appricated, if any information is received from you. Thanks.

Why not just use the example config files that come with the software and add your exchange server names/ store names in. I think from memory its tdpexchange.opt its been a while. Whats this vss stuff, its an online backup and works without that. But it sounds like your config may work and its the tsm server running out of storage space or something. Are your pools all got space etc. Whats in the server activity log when it fails ?

do you use a lanfree backup, or is it tcp/ip, shared mem, etc?

Back