Tape Library in DR site

maat

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

This is my first time doing TSM Disaster Recovery but I went through TSM DRM Recovery script and I'm concern about Tape Library.

I have a 3584-L32 Tape library in production and IBM is providing the same library for our TSM Disaster Recovery test. Is there anything I need to do to get the new Library recognized by TSM before following TSM recovery script? ie. match element#

I'm assuming my AIX Mksysb ( 5.3 )would have all driver, TSM Server code ( 5.2 ) and path to be the same as in my production env.

Regards

maat

If you are working with like to like hardware - you'll be fine. If you are faced with like to greater then you'll have some minor corrections to make.

But from what you have mentioned so far. Your mksysB will also have your devconfig and volhistory information as well especially if you used default settings.

The only issue I see that you may have issues with are device files numbers and TSM device paths.

I would anticipate the device files and paths being different due to device physical connections of the devices. Compare the devconfig and volhist files of the image to the current state of the TSM Server - the image may be out of date which will force you to make minor corrections.

You should have your server up and running within 30 min to an hour - ready to restore your TSM DB, checkin your offsite media, and begin recovering your clients.

Good luck

Thank you sgabriel62 for your help.

I looked at DRM Recovery Plan and I'm suprized that it has my production library WWN, element# and serial# which is not going to work in DR site as you mentioned. I wish DRM could use Autodetect feature of define path for element and serial#.

Thanks again

Maat

Back