Storage Agent Version Question

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I know that Storage Agent should be only a max of two "modifications" behind TSM server.

5.4.3 server supports Storage Agent 5.4.3, 5.4.2, and 5.4.1..........Version.Release.Modification.???

What about the 4th number that isn't mentioned?.....such as Storage Agent 5.4.3.2 if my server is 5.4.3.0. That 4th number isn't mentioned.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I thought that it was two modifications like 5.4 server will support 5.4 and 5.3, and 5.2 clients. Am I mistaken?

Format is version.release.modification. You're correct in that it supports two modifications down, but modification is the third number in the overall "version" syntax not the second.

What I mentioned in my earlier post came straight out of the Storage Agent user guide.

sorry for asking again, but I want to make this clear. Let's say we have a server version 5.4.3.0, then 5.4.2.0 and 5.4.1.0 is supported, not 5.3.3.0 and 5.2.3.0 ?

Using agents more than 2 modifications behind the server will usually work, but is not "supported".

I use some 5.3.x.x storage agents and maybe even one - two 5.2.x.x with 5.4.3.0 server, and I have drives still kept as busy after backup ends, maybe this is the cause of that problem.

Back