start TDP Domino Scheduler on AIX

jcabrera

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

How am i be able to check if the TDP domino scheduler is not running?

ps -ef | grep tivoli ?

if the scheduler is not running, how to be able to manually start the TDP for Domino Scheduler running on AIX?
(using the command line)

Last edited:
TDP for Domino as such does not have any scheduler. TSM B/A client scheduler is used for this purpose and scripts are called to perform Domino backups. To check the TSM client scheduler, you may have to check few thing first. You need to know if dsmcad is starting your scheduler or is it running as a spearate process. Look at the option of 'managedservice" in dsm.sys. If it says 'webclient schedule' then dsmcad is starting your tsm ba/client scheduler. do the following:

"ps -eaf | grep dsm"

It will show you either dsmcad or 'dsmc sched' or both, depending upon how you environment. If none is there, you can go to

/usr/tivoli/tsm/ba/bin

and try to start

# dsmcad

or

# nohup dsmc sched &

...and if you don't wanna worry, if the scheduler is running or not, add the following entry to /etc/inittab:

tsm_sched:2:respawn:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1 # ADSM scheduler

...which generally means "make sure, the 'dsmc sched' is always started" if the system is in run-level 2

Cheers,
Marcin.

Hi,

I already added it to the /etc/inittab, i just dont know if somebody has killed the process.So for me to be able to run the schedule manually i just have to run:
./dsmcad

or

./nohup dsmc sched &

i will update you if sucessful.

I already added it to the /etc/inittab, i just dont know if somebody has killed the process...

If you have the section, I mentioned below, added to /etc/inittab, the process should respawn automatically once it's killed.
Does it start, once you run it manually? Or dies after few seconds?

Cheers,
Marcin.

i tried to run it manually, i started the scheduler using this code:

nohup /usr/bin/dsmc sched 2> /dec/null &

yes i think it did start when i run the code. i saw it when i run the
ps -ef | grep sched

Back