Slow Performance: filespaces deletion

P90X

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello All,

Looking for some suggestion that i may try to speed up this process?

My Task - delete 320 nodes Note:250terabyte of information to delete

Problem - taking to long to complete (filespace deletion)

I've been running filespaces deletion for five days and i've made much progress but these windows filespace are taking to long to complete. The filespaces are in terabyte size (ex.1-6TB)and i understand that's large but 12hrs or more to complete for just one???

I only run two processes at a time for the terabyte filespace. Running 4-8 processes kills the performance.

My database was stored on IBM Shark (SAN) but we mirrored to local disk. My reason for moving the database was for another reason not to speed up the filespace deletion.

Thanks!

Key - be patient, and highly dependent on the number of versions kept.

Deletion really takes long. I once deleted a 2 GB NSS filespace (Novell) and it took 4 hours because of versions kept.

P90X, amount of time per file space all depends on number of file versions, not size of files. A file space containing 1 file that is a TB in size will delete immediately, but the same size file space that contains millions of file versions will take a long time.

Run one file space deletion at a time. As you found out when you run multiples performance drops off quickly.

What are some examples of your number of files on a node? Q OCC on one of your large ones and post. Just curious how large you're having to deal with.

Back