Silly question about include/exclude on *nix

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
as a certified TSM Administrator, working with it from ADSM v3, I am embarrassed to ask but I have to know it: does someone know when it become possible to insert include/exclude statements directly into dsm.sys file on *nix clients? Some say "always", but I found and article where the author write "on some old unix client you must create a different file and use the inclexcl option", and this is what I knew.
Can someone help me? :)

I've never heard that you "must" use an inclexcl file, always that you either put them in dsm.sys or in a inclexcl file.

Hi,
as a certified TSM Administrator, working with it from ADSM v3, I am embarrassed to ask but I have to know it: does someone know when it become possible to insert include/exclude statements directly into dsm.sys file on *nix clients? Some say "always", but I found and article where the author write "on some old unix client you must create a different file and use the inclexcl option", and this is what I knew.
Can someone help me? :)

I have used both but I believe the inclexcl file is more flexible from being managed centrally granted that you have many nodes sharing a similar structure: just generate a new inclexcl file and distribute it to all nodes. This is opposed to having the include and exclude statements in the dsm.sys file.

Again, there is no *MUST*. Which method is appropriate, is what you need to use.

Last edited:
Hi
I think the question is:
When did it become possible to add inclexcl to the dsm.sys.
From memory I "believe" that was possible in the 3.1 version
/hog

So, it looks like it's my fault not to dig into this before... :oops:

Thank you.

Back