setting up storage agent on aix client

chelldis

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm trying to set up Storage Agent(5.3.2) on an aix 5.2 TSM client (5.3.2.4)

Ive been able to install the required software but get stuck at configuring the client.

from the /usr/tivoli/tsm/StorageAgent/bin dir I'm trying to configure the client by the following command:
./dsmsta setstorageserver myname=aix25 (storageagentserver)mypassword=aix25 myhladress=10.150.10.150 (client IP) servername=TSM (tsm server)serverpassword=TSM hladress=110.253.89.84 (TSM server ip)lladress=1500 (TSM server port)

firts of all the devconfig.out file is not generated and second i get the following error:

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 5, Release 3, Level 2.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2004.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmsta.opt.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
SETSTORAGESERVER: Invalid parameter - MYHLADRESS.

I haven't been able to find any decent documentation on setting up the cient and I have no clue what Im doing wrong.
Anyone have any idea?

regards,

/\/\ichelle

Ok I know nothing about setting up the storage agent, but address is spelt with 2 d's. You are only using 1 (myhladress instead of myhladdress).

chelldis,
ARe you on drugs?:) what is prozac?:) - same here with BBB -know nothing bout storage agent -but should not be that difficult to set up.
when I was reading your post, i though the below error is causing you to progress on your set up.
SETSTORAGESERVER: Invalid parameter - MYHLADRESS.

I think once you get this right then you can continue the rest of the config.

Normally Invalid parameter - either the parameter is spelt wrongly or quoted incorrectly..

Back