Server can't connect to Node.

sanji

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

hope someone can help me, I've been getting the following errors appended to my dsm logfile the last week, I've changed the password to the CLIENT node, but it made no difference. Is there anywhere else I need to change the password?

22.01.03 11:56:15 Server prompted scheduling not supported under your communication method.

22.01.03 11:56:15 Polling method will be used if server currently supports it.

22.01.03 11:56:15 Querying server for next scheduled event.

22.01.03 11:56:15 Node Name: CLIENT

22.01.03 11:56:15 Please enter your user id <CLIENT>: ANS1029E Communications have been dropped.

22.01.03 11:56:15 Scheduler has been stopped.

thanks in advance

Sanji

Using passwordaccess generate? If so, you may want to run a dsmc q fi and enter the ID and password one time to get it to cache it. Then try stopping and restarting your scheduler.

Also, if this is a Windows box, try reinstalling the scheduler with the new password...

Just some suggestions... hope they help...

SchedMode 'prompted' is supported with CommMethod TCPIP only AFAIK.

Try to set TCPIP and try if the error is still there.

Bye R.

I changed the PASSWORDACCESS to GENERATE (it was noted out for some reason) in the dms.sys and ran dsmc q fi, the backup of the files space completed succesfully overnight.

Thanks for your help.

Sanj

:)

You must run dsm again after you change passwordaccess option and it will prompt you to imput your login password. It will generate password and save it!

Alan

Back