Scheduler : ANS1577I The Windows console event handler received a 'Logoff' console ev

rojar_toppo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Setup:
TSm Server 5361 on Aix.5300
TSM Clients on Win2k sp4

we sometimes get to see some of the client sched in " In Progress" state
when we check the clients errorlog ,it shows a error record "ANS1577I The Windows console event handler received a 'Logoff' console event" ,the dsmsched log shows backups in midway state.

Following this if we reschdule the scheduler then also the scheduled job doesnt start,but when i recycle the scheduler the scheduler works fine.

- why the "Windows console event ...." problem occurs.
- what causes the client to not to identify and start new schdules

i couldnt find much details on Event logs.

If you see a backup schedule in the "in progress" state, and there isn't a currently running client session (run "q session"), then the backup has probably crashed out. Probably explains why you need to restart the scheduler because it has crashed itself. You need to figure out why its doing that.

Usually a network issue will result in a backup with result "Failed" or "missed". I really only see "in progress" for ones that have crashed, or are actually still running. If "q sess" says nothing, it has crashed.

Thanks all
But we have around 15-20 schdeules going into " In Progress state every day and we have to restart the scheduler ,which is painful.

Is this some kind of bug on TSM schduler service or Windows problem
please guide as we are having a tough time dealing with them .

Back