schedule backup fails

sathishdas

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
HI fellas,

In my environment we have to 2 clustered exchange servres with tdp on them. The backup failed yesterday with the error code ans1909e and ans1212e with return code 1<in the client>.but the strange part is the backup completed succesfully. its been like this for a month now .any idea what the problem could be?

the explanation for the code says its a permission issue and also in schedule log i found cannot execute the command how did it get completed today.

help me guys

Regards,
Sathishdas

it's look like the TSM server scheduled part of job is done, but the cmd execute on the machine failed, because "permision" problem
make sur you are running the schedule with enough right to backup the exchange server

Please provide details of the schedule that is defined to the TSM server.

tsm: ITSM01>q schedul mail f=d
Policy Domain Name: MAIL
Schedule Name: EVSMAIL_DLY_BKP
Description:
Action: Command
Options: -subdir=yes
Objects: d:\excfull.cmd
Priority: 5
Start Date/Time: 11/27/2007 18:50:00
Duration: 15 Minute(s)
Schedule Style: Enhanced
Period:
Day of Week: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri
Month: Any
Day of Month: Any
Week of Month: First,Second,Third,Fourth
Expiration:
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
Last Update Date/Time: 12/10/2007 12:33:11
Managing profile:

Is excfull.cmd in the root of 'D' drive on the exchange servers?

Assuming this is a TDP backup, why do you specify -subdir=yes on the Options in the schedule? Is it valid? Never seen it used in a TDP backup before.

Last edited:
Hi
Thaks mate wat shoul i change -subdir=yes. wat do you mean by root of exchange servers.
excfull.cmd is not in the installation directory of exchange servers

The command file in your case will need to be on the root of the 'D' drive i.e. D:\excfull.cmd and not, for example, D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\tdpexc\excfull.cmd

Have you actually tested the excfull.cmd by running it? What were the results?

I'm not sure what the benefit of having the -subdir=yes in the schedule. It may be valid, but i have never seen it used for a TDP backup

yes the file is on d:\excfull.cmd. and even today the backup is complete it happens only sometimes. wat should be the output after running that command

The output of that command will be the details of the backups. So run the command from the D: prompt and output to a file.

example D:\excfull.cmd > tdpout.txt

what does the output say?

what does your
:\program files\tivoli\tsm\TDPExchange\excsch.log

said
was the backup really sucessfull?

Back