Restoring Oracle onto another system

Cederico

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello All.

A monthly backup has successfully completed. The monthly backup was run on TSM server PRD. We would like to restore that backup on another system which currently has another oracle SID name. That server backs up to the TSM server DR.

The initSID.sap, initSID.bki, initSID.utl and the .aff files were copied over from the source server to the other server. The dsm.opt and dsm.sys were updated to reflect the nodename, servername and ip address required to connect to the PRD tsm server.

When issuing the backint -p command the following error occurs:

backint -p /oracle/SID/112_64/dbs/initSID.utl -f password
Data Protection for SAP(R)
Interface between BR*Tools and Tivoli Storage Manager
- Version 6, Release 2, Modification 1.0 for AIX LF 64-bit -
Build: 429H compiled on Mar 19 2010
(c) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1996, 2010, All Rights Reserved.
BKI2027I: Using TSM-API version 6.2.4.0 (compiled with 5.5.0.0).
BKI2000I: Successfully connected to ProLE on port tdpr3ora64.
BKI0005I: Start of program at: Tue Oct 23 09:04:05 USAST 2012 .
BKI0049I: Please enter password for node P_MTHLY_R3 on server PRD:
BKI0052E: Password verification for node P_MTHLY_R3 on server PRD failed.
BKI5001E: Tivoli Storage Manager Error:
ANS1353E (RC53) Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered
BKI0020I: End of program at: Tue Oct 23 09:04:20 USAST 2012 .
BKI0021I: Elapsed time: 15 sec .
BKI0024I: Return code is: 2.

When looking at the activity log of the DR TSM server, I can see it is attempting to logon to the DR TSM server and not the PRD TSM server. Here are the dsm.opt and dsm.sys files in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64:

dsm.sys:

servername PRD
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddress 172.16.46.188
NODENAME P_MTHLY_R3
RESOURCEUTILIZATION 4

dsm.opt:

SErvername PRD

Any help is appreciated.

You need to set the password at the *new* node.

One way I do it is to open a command line with the new SYS/OPT file in place so I can set the password.

Hi moon-buddy. Thanks for replying. The password has been set but the problem is it seems the 'backint -p' command wants to authenticate on the DR TSM server instead of the PRD TSM. When looking at the activity log of the DR TSM server, we can see access attempts.

I have double checked dsm,sys, dsm.opt and initSID.utl file and it seems correct. Any ideas?

Thanks

No lanfree agent running that still refers to the DR server? Doesn't look like it seeing the dsm.sys file
You are sure that 172.16.46.188 is the ip-address is the correct for TSM server PRD?
Older versions of backint use the dsm.sys in /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin in stead of /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64.
Also check if the environment settings don't refer to a different dsm.sys (DSM_DIR and/or DSM_CONFIG or something like that)

Hi Jeroen. Many thanks. There was a storage agent running still configured to talk to the DR server. Once this was disabled it worked!.

Regards

Back