Restoring Exchange 2K3 Public Folder

BobMc

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I need to restore only one Public folder for my Exchange 2003 system. I've created a recovery storage group but when I go into the Backup for Exchange TSM client and select Public folders it wants to restore over the current Public folders. Any suggestion on how I can restore the public folders to the recovery storage group, or any spot where I can extract the one public folder i need.

Thanks in advance

Bob

1. Create a separate Exchange recovery server and restore the public folder. Export all messages and content to a pst-file. Import and restore via Outlook.

OR

2. Override the recovery location on your current recovery server through a reghack:

"If you do not want to restore data to the Recovery Storage Group and you do not want to delete the Recovery Storage Group, create the Recovery SG Override value in the following registry key, and then set the value to 1:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \System \CurrentControlSet \Services \MSExchangeIS \ParametersSystem

When you create this value, the information store ignores the Recovery Storage Group during a restore operation."

See: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824126&Product=exch2003

Both methods worked for me.

I've been attempting to do the restore using option 1, but everytime I go to restore the public folder it tell me database not found. I've confirmed that the database name on my recovery server is the same as my production server but still nothing. I've been succcesfully at doing a restore of the first storage group on my recovery server so I know it's setup correctly.

Thoughts?

Bob

Back