Restore to Windows 2000 server Problem

albadran

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

I tried to restore around 10GB of data from one Windows 2000 server to another Windows 2000 server. I logged to Server 1 and mapped a drive to a disk on Server 2. I used the Backup-Archive client to restore the data from Server 1 to Server 2 but I have got OUT OF DISK error after restoring around 3GB despite the fact the target drive has 40 GB of free disk space. It is probably worth mentioning that I am trying to restore the files with thier permissions.

Anybody has any idea what is going on here.

Cheers

Jafar

Hi!

Install the TSM Client on Server 2 and restore the data localy.

I got the same problem for two years ago but not with TSM. That was with another backup software. And the problem showes that I got alot of CRC errors between the Server and the Swtich. And the connection was always timeing out.

Maybe you got the same problem?

But the best way. Install TSM Client on Server 2 and restore the data.

:grin:

Hi,

I have tried the suggested action by installing TSM client on the target server and gave the target server the same node name as the source server. I then tried to restore the data with and without NTFS information and I get the same message of OUT OF DISK SPACE after around 2GB is restored. I know that the target disk area is 40GB and has nothing at all in it.

Any idea

Cheers,

Jafar

From the target server restore the data using the "following location" instead of "original". Even though the node names match, Tsm does look at the host name. Lessons learned.

Back