Restore Public Folder (Exchange 2007 and TDP 5.5)

THE_WIPET

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all

Just need some light... We have a procedure to restore public folders. Since Public folder doesnt have a "recovery Storage group" Microsoft recommand to restore it on a isolated ring. with the same server name for the AD and Exchange

This procedure is working and as been done a couple of time. For your viewing pleasure and request. i can post a tread on how to do this. But this is not the why i've started this one

Since this procedure is time consuming (4 TSM server with a Librairy manager) and Impact the production (we backup some DB severs every hours.) i looking for a way reduce the impact my production backups. Since we bring all our TSM env in the isolated ring

We run TSM on 5.5.2.1 on Windows 2k3X64 machine. Our main server have 4 NIC With 3 TSM instances. on Libmanager is another server.

These are the question that i need some lights.

Can I can put on NIC on the Isolated ring and still have access to my library manager? so i could do the restore and still do my backup. like 3NIC are on a prod VLAN and 1 on the isolated VLAN.

So doest TSM can work on seperated VLAN that dont talk to each others.

The other thing would be.
Create a Exchange server that have a different name. configure the TDP (asnodename) and restore the public folder without mounting the store. Use a little software to extract the folder to a PST

We are also looking for a software that can do this. ex: quest exchange recovery manager. (You can extract the public folder directly from the TSM server) $$$$ Since whe have to buy the software

Thanks for you lights
The_wipet

Back