Restore other servers data to TSM server

dazedandconfused

Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to TSM and I am trying to work out the best solution for the following.
System are IBM AIX.

Our NIM server contains all the Mksysb images we need for rebuilding our servers (including our TSM server) however we don't do a Mksysb of the NIM server itself. We do however write the Mksysb images for the critical server to an offsite tape. This is used when we do a DR test (and would be used for a real invocation) to get the rootvg back for the TSM server and other critical systems using a NIM server at our recovery site. The Recovery NIM server is not ours so we can't install a TSM client on it.

What i'd like to do is be able to restore our Mksysb images to the TSM server so they can then be copied to the recovery NIM server and rolled out.

The best way I've been able to come up with so far is to create an extra dsm.opt file that replicates the one on our NIM server (possibly also amend dsm.sys to make it use a different port for this) so that we can then restore the NIM server data to the TSM server.

I'm wondering if there's a better solution out there. We're using TSM 5.5.2.7 and AIX 6.1 on both servers.

Back