Restore files to another node

camlopez

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi guys. I backed up some files on NODE1 and I want to restore these file to another NODE2 in a specific file system. How can I do that using GUI Baclient??? I would like some help on this. Thanks! :confused:

by the command you can use the "Virtualnode" option,

if you to do it

by the gui you had to change the "NODENAME" parameter on the dsm.opt of your NODE2 server and of course got to know the NODE1 password.

NB: don t forget to re-modify the NODE2 dsm.opt

If you have 5.3 client, you can set the security on node 2 that gives node 1 access. On node 1, from the GUI, choose access another node and then restore where you want it to. Much easier.

Hey, all, it's a bit late to chime in on this thread, but here's hoping someone will stop by and check it out...

OK, I've tried both methods. Using the -virtualnode option, I get prompted for a password, but it keeps getting rejected. Yes, it's the correct password. Also I've re-set it at the TSM server, and at the baclient (that last JIC). When I use the "access another node", the list of files for restoring comes up blank (viewing both active and inactive files). In any case, I know there are active files to restore so those at least should show up.

No error messages other than "authentication failure" during the attempts to use the passwor for virtual node access.

Any pointers?

TIA

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>If you have 5.3 client, you can set the security on node 2 that gives node 1 access. On node 1, from the GUI, choose access another node and then restore where you want it to. Much easier.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

dis you try with the second solution that i expressed:

you had to change the "NODENAME" parameter on the dsm.opt on the NODE2 and declare it as NODE1 ,

now Lunch you GUI

of course got to know the NODE1 password.

NB: don t forget to re-modify the "NODENAME" to NODE2 dsm.opt

Back