Restore file from snap of a SAN drive in Optistore problem.....

Fattire

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have a server (node) that backs up other servers drives by either mapping the drive or mounts a snap of the drive, called GM058 Using HYPERTRAC software. So when a server that has data backed up like this, say DM062 needs to restore a file through it's own GUI, after setting up for point-in-time, select the file, click restore, it just sits there and does nothing can leave it for whole day, nothing happens. We wind up having to restore the file to GM058, then moving it over to DM062. have set up Node Access List for DM062 on GM058. (all Windows 2008 R2). Not sure if this is correct though as GM058 is acting more like an 'Agent' for 'Target DM062'? Do I need to set up Proxynode for DM062 to show Agent Node of GM058? right now it shows 'None' when doing q proxynode target=DM062.....Client versions are 6.3.1....TSM server version is 6.3.3. The back ups work great, its the restores that are the issue. So not sure PROXYNODE is my problem or not as DM062 can see the file when setting up in the GUI to restore.

Some more info I thought of.....the node GM058 backs up the date Lan Free... so in order for DM062 to restore its data from GM058 would it have to have the storage agent on it as well?

Back