Restore (access another node): Set access command and TSM DB

schmills

Newcomer
Reaction score
Apologies: posted this in incorrect location - now in Restores forum - please check it out

Hi,

This is a bit long winded, but bare with me please :)

I'm wanted to be able to restore (via the java gui) a client servers backup data using another clients java gui.

Example: connect to the java gui for Server A, then select access another node , Server B. So from server A you are seeing the backup data for Server B.

So to do this, from Server B dsmc command line, i ran the following command:
set access backup c:\*\* * *
set access archive c:\*\* * *

this grants access to all backup subdirectories for the backup & archive data of server B to all other client nodes.

My question is (finally), does this have any effect on the TSM database (make it increase,etc)?

Cheers,

Schmills

Last edited:
so your real question is
does this have any effect on the TSM database (make it increase,etc)?

to be honest, I don't know,
but i see no reason for that action to affect the TSM database!?

link no more up to date :(
need "set access" information for controlling and auditing
info stored on client or in the TSM DB ? possibility to get the info via SQL select ?

thanks for your response

The information set by the client, but stored on the server. You have to query it on the client using "dsmc query access".

There are no server side command to view it, but an RFE was opened by another customer, you can view it here and vote for it:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=23231

One workaround would be to query it from DB2:
> db2 connect to tsmdb1
> db2 set schema tsmdb1
> db2 "select AUTHORIZATION_RULES.copytype,NODES.nodename,AUTHORIZATION_RULES.authnode,AUTHORIZATION_RULES.authowner,AUTHORIZATION_RULES.fsid from (AUTHORIZATION_RULES left join NODES on AUTHORIZATION_RULES.nodeid = NODES.nodeid)"

Only caveat is that you have to cross reference the FSID with the output of Q FI.

Back