resore to an another node with different version

sokrate

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello

I try to restore an Oracle Database 9i from an AIX 5.3 with TDP in 5.5.1 to an AIX 5.2 with TDP in 5.4.1.
I want to be sure I can restore this databse to an AIX with a different version ? an why i have an error message ?
I know the TDP 5.4 is the last version for AIX 5.4.
I have this message in log:

RMAN-03002: failure of Duplicate Db command at 11/26/2009 17:22:04
RMAN-03015: error occurred in stored script Memory Script
ORA-19507: failed to retrieve sequential file, handle="4hkv86h6_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
ANS1302E (RC2) No objects on server match query

The data is realy present in the server TSM

Somebody can help me ?

Hello

I try to restore an Oracle Database 9i from an AIX 5.3 with TDP in 5.5.1 to an AIX 5.2 with TDP in 5.4.1.
I want to be sure I can restore this databse to an AIX with a different version ? an why i have an error message ?
I know the TDP 5.4 is the last version for AIX 5.4.
I have this message in log:

The data is realy present in the server TSM

Somebody can help me ?

It looks like your target node does not have the right credentials to have the restore completed. Make sure that the source credentials are the ones being used by the target node.

Hi,
Not possible. Use 5.5.1 or higher to restore:

Limitations:

• Backwards compatibility of backups
    Data Protection for Oracle can restore data backed up by the same or lower version of the product. E.g. Data Protection for Oracle 5.4.1 cannot be used to restore data backed up by Data Protection for Oracle 5.5.1 or 5.5.2 .
source: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi....4&uid=swg21297513&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Rudy

Hi,
Not possible. Use 5.5.1 or higher to restore:

Limitations:

• Backwards compatibility of backups
    Data Protection for Oracle can restore data backed up by the same or lower version of the product. E.g. Data Protection for Oracle 5.4.1 cannot be used to restore data backed up by Data Protection for Oracle 5.5.1 or 5.5.2 .
source: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi....4&uid=swg21297513&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Rudy

You are right Rudy.

Somehow I read the post the other way around - lower backup restore being restored to a higher version..

Back