Recover ITSM DB to different OS ??

billysbrew

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck recovering TSM to a different OS? Can anyone point me in the right direction on documentation about this? I could not find anything helpful in the TSM DRM strategy guide.

Thanks in advance,

BillyS

:confused:

Hi --- Without knowing which 2 OS your are going between, it's tough to give a more detailed answer to your question. However, I believe that you will have to do an export/import DB cycle to make this migration. Expect this to take a while, and probably is best perfromed during a maintaince window. Try doing a test or 2 before you actually goto production, that way you will have a ballpark idea on how long it may take.

Andy.

Andy,

Thanks for the response! For me it would be going from an AIX to a Wintel platform, but my question was just in general terms. I have heard that it can be done, but I am looking for supporting documentation to give some folks a comfort factor.

BillyS

:cool:

I am actually in the process of doing the reverse of that you are doing now and it does require an export.

Heres some documentation I found very helpful.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/entdocview.wss?rs=663&context=SSCVRAM&q1=export%20server&uid=swg21049879&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Hope this helps walks you through it step by step. The only thing I ran into was I did not have the admin ID registered on the target server that I was using to run the command on the source server and ended up wasting half aday trying to figure out what was wrong....

The transfert DB for different OS is not possible...for example AIX ---> Window ---> AIX

AIX (unix) code bytes in 2.4.6.8 on media ...and Window code in 8.6.4.2...

And the Export/Inport DB command not work correctly...or with "all" parameter in option.

But...if you ara much more data in cardridge...you work for longtime...and the network is down.

The solution consist to use a linux server for migrate AIX DB...if the version of TSM Server exist on Linux platform - 4.1.X dont exist on linux platform.

Friendly

Filou

Back