Recommended virtual memory settings - TSM 6.3

Dunul

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I wonder if there is any recommended settings for my TSM server.
It has 32GB of RAM.

Thanks,
Daniel.

from the document Deployment recommendations for Tivoli Storage Manager V6 server
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21421060

"For heavily used servers, consider at minimum 32 GB of RAM. Using 32 GB or more of memory enhances performance of the TIvoli Storage Manager server database inventory. In this context, "heavily used" may be many concurrent client sessions (100's), large file workloads (backup for files in the 100's of GB or TB range), backup of client systems with large workloads (backup for systems with millions of files), or other such high workload characteristics. In practice, the TSM development team has observed TSM server configurations where a heavily used server is configured with 64 GB or 128 GB or more of memory available to a single TSM server."

Thanks @inestler, as far as i can see there is nothing in this document that mentions Virtual memory.
Am i missing somthing?

Its an OS thing, not TSM. TSM has a minimum recommended memory setting it will work with, not a virtual memory amount. The virtual memory should be at least the same size, or 1.5 or even 2 times the size of your physical (32GB) memory as a general rule of thumb.

Back