Reclamation not occuring

mosiac

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I've started doing a manual reclamation once a week using the following command

RECL STG COPYPOOL TH=90

At first I didn't wnat to give it a duration because we had a lot of tapes because reclamation hadn't properly ran in months and I'm trying to slowly but surely clean up our copy pool.

Ever since the first reclamation none of the following week ones have started or finished.

I've gotten seen this in the CLI most of the time:

243 Space Reclamation Offsite Volume(s) (storage pool COPYPOOL), Moved
Files: 0, Moved Bytes: 0, Unreadable Files: 0,
Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current Physical File
(bytes): None

This would sit for multiple days (luckily not affecting any schedules) but never completing and I have to cancel it.

I have since set a duration of 120 minutes but I'm still not seeing any activity occuring but if I look at my copypool volumes in the TSM web gui I can see over 31 volumes that are available for reclamation 10% or below utilized.

I'm using TSM 6.2.2.2 the copy pool is a pool of LTO3 and 5 tapes (main reason I"m doing the relcamation is to reclaim and decomission all the 3 tapes. They all have offsite status and we do have LTO5 tapes in scratch available.

Sounds like a hang. Your version of TSM is a bit old, I'd try with 6.2.6 as there are a few APARs for offsite reclamation after 6.2.2.

I'm pretty new to being a TSM admin, so how hard is a small upgrade like that?

That does look pretty simple. Is it ok to go from 6.2.2.2 up to 6.2.6 or should I do every incremental? I'm sorry for asking so many questions but our last admin made us quite gun shy about everything.

All fixpacks and interim fixes are cumulative, you can go directly to 6.2.6.

Just wanted to post here and say thanks for recommending this. That patch not only fixed the reclamation issue (it's now working in the schedule like it's supposed to have been for a long time), everything seems to be working much smoother.

Back