Protecting or backing up a Protected Stg Pool ?

ILCattivo

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the functionality is available yet, in one of the latest ISP 8.1.x iterations, with the ability to backup a Protected Storage Pool to Tape?

A new requirement has come through for this type of scenario (data continuity compliance), and currently the clients environment is configured as follows :-

SITE A Primary Dir Container STG Pool (Direct Client Backups)
SITE B Protected Dir Container STG Pool (From SITE A) [Protect STG > REPL Node]

There are no COPY-Container Storage Pools present at SITE A [disk or tape], which I would rather avoid. Instead I would like the ability to farm off or backup the Protected Dir Container STG Pool @ SITE B to a TAPE Library. ?

Any possibility?

Thanks

You should be able to protect the stgpool at site B to tape.

Site A -> Site B -> tape

I know you don't want a library at Site A, but the functionality is there to also do:
Site A -> Site B
Site A -> tape

You should be able to protect the stgpool at site B to tape.

Site A -> Site B -> tape

I know you don't want a library at Site A, but the functionality is there to also do:
Site A -> Site B
Site A -> tape

Thanks marclant,

So essentially, just another 'Protect STG' cmd from the ISP Instance at SITE B to a TAPE based devcl?
Is this documented anywhere by any chance? I wasn't sure you could do that as TAPE is sequential and I was under the assumption that the protection of 2 dir container pools were required of the same type?

Back