Problems restoring files in folder with 20k number of files

torelinde

Newcomer
Reaction score
Using dsmj, the restore windows will only show the first 2250 files (says files inspected: 2250 in the bottom, right corner of restore window). My file is later in the alphabet. Filtering for the name of file does not work. Any tips?
Tore Linde, UiB

Hi,

Did a test on my Ubuntu client with 25k files in a folder. That worked fine. I am using 8.1.17. Just started with sudo dsmj.

What version are you running, and what OS?

Rgds,

Hi,

Did a test on my Ubuntu client with 25k files in a folder. That worked fine. I am using 8.1.17. Just started with sudo dsmj.

What version are you running, and what OS?

Rgds,
Still 8.1.11 on Linux. I have a (long-lasting) support case going with IBM on the same server, so I have not updated this one for a while.

Hi,

Unless there are some really odd issues, the client can be updated to a later code. Or, maybe you can try a newer client with the same files (using proxy node) on a different server to see if that works.

Or, try with this

sudo dsmj -traceflag=service -tracefile=/tmp/trace.txt

Maybe you can spot an error there.

Rgds,

Turns out the problem is not how I described it. I think the number of files inspected is the total number of files after all. I was tricked by the number being so "round" (and the fact that all files started with the letters a or b...

I only restore via the console, as dsmj stops at some point during the file search, for example, but the console does not. In addition, the console is much faster.

Back