Problems installing on PDC...need help!

opkar

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Version 4.2.3 on nt/2000

This is the command line used by us for the install:

msiexec /i “Tivoli Storage Manager Client.msi" RebootYesNo="No" REBOOT="Suppress" ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLDIR="C:program filestivolitsm" ADDLOCAL="BackupArchiveGUI,BackupArchiveWeb,ApiRuntime" TRANSFORMS=1033.mst /qn

After running this (through our SMS package) we get nothing at all. There are no error messages nor is TSM installed.

There are no files copied to the path above either. The only files visible are the ones manually copied by our SMS package.

It is clear to me that the install is erroring out but the error message is most likely being suppressed by the /qn option.

We can try rerunning the install from a command line without the /qn option, and hope to see some error messages.

Any ideas?

Hi!

That is not a problem with TSM at all.

The problem is the Installshild software that Tivoli use.

If you try any program who use InstallShild as installation program you going to get the same problem.

And the solution for that problem is....

If you maping up your home user directory to your standard drive leter. And run the installation again. Everything should work fine now.

I don´t know way you need to do that. But you most maping up a Default Home User directory.

Maybe Installshild try to add some temp file to your directory. I don´t know.

But good luck

Back