problem saving the tsm password

terkel

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi there.

I've installed the BAclient and the TDPSql on a win2k3 server.
the dsm.opt file says generate on password.

and if i start up the gui it asks for the password, if i enter the password do a backup and close down the gui and restart it, it no longer asks for a password.

I've updated the scheduler with the same password and it "verifies" the password with the server on install when using the gui.

running the sqlfull.cmd by hand works fine, which pretty much runs
tdpsqlc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt
this is not asking for password.

however the scheduler fails with:

ACO5091E PASSWORDACCESS is Generate. Either the stored password
is incorrect or there is no stored password. If you do
not have a stored password, use the -TSMPassword=xxx option
to set and store your password.

running the tdpsqlc backup * full /tsmoptfile=dsm.opt with the -TSMPassword="the right password" works just fine as well.

But still the next day the scheduler has failed.

Any ideas ?

Terkel

Should say this is a hosted solution, meaning i dont have access to the TSM server. just the client.

BA ver5.5.1.6
TDP v 5.3.3 64Bit

Terkel

try this... does it ask for a password?

dsmc.exe q sess -optfile="c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\tdpsql\dsm.opt"

Nope, and if i run it manually it works too.

Only when the scheduler runs it, it seems to fail.

Terkel

do you have any wierd error in the dsmerror.log or dsmsched.log? of the client sched.
restart your schedule and post your dsm.opt

I've restarted, reloadet deleted and reinstalled the schedule both via the gui and command line.

the dscmshed.log says
ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.

same for the errorlog

dsm.opt attached.

Terkel

Attachments

• dsm.opt-data3.txt
    5.4 KB · Views: 21
on the BA side... did you do the same this... restart/relaod/delete etc... server reboot?

Hmm no i didnt

Because the Filebackup on the same server runs just fine... the one running out of the baclient catalog.

Will try that and repost tomorrow when i see the result.

Terkel

i see this a lot. The logs in the sql tdp are named the same as the central scheduler logs. try making a shortcut on your desktop of dsm.exe, right click on it and go to properties. At the end of the target line, place -optfile=path and name of optfile for tdp scheduler

save it then double click on the shortcut, it should prompt you for the password, if you have a scheduler already created for tdp, delete it using the wizard and then create another one. Make sure when you get to the log part, you name the logs something COMPLETELTY different like dsmschedSQL.log and dsmerrorSQL.log.

That should do it. Also make sure your command files (sqlincr.cmd and sqlfull.cmd) that list the log files are differently named as well.

Back