Poor Perfomance in NW 7.3.3

sant

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi
We have many problems with the perfomance in troughput of data in our backups, the last week we made a upgrade from NW 7.1 to NW 7.3.3 and ever since we have a poor perfomance from 30mb/sec to about 7000kb/sec.

We have a insfrastructure with a SAN and a network card with 1 Gb., also we have changed server Networker. The SO is W2003 R2 SP2, 2gb. RAM and 2 CPU intel core, the hba CARD is the same in other server and all infrastructure is the same, cable, ports, etc.

I have been all weekend trying to solve this problem (I have a document with a best practise in NW 7.3.3) but it doesn

Sorry, I forgot put the infrastructure in tape,we have one librarie SL500 with two tape drives LTO2.

Thank you

Have you done an FTP test? If not you should check this. If you have and it turns out fine, try doing a BIGASM test. It utilizes the CPU and generates "fake" data to your library via Networker.

Other than that do you have two NICs for your clients? If so, are they configured in your client definition? Have you tried bypassing the "maintenance" LAN and going straight to your "production" LAN?

Last edited:
Hello

We have found a solution for this problem, we have updated the BIOS in a server and now it work ok. My troughput now is about 40-60mb/sec.

I'm very satisfied

Thank you for your help

Back