Point in time restores

klee

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Here's something I cannot get my head around.

In the restore GUI I put in a point in time of 09/03/05. This gives me a list of backup versions for files within a particular directory (windows 2003 by the way). This list shows that some of the backups were actually taken about 1 month prior to the above date. So far no problem.

When I change the date to 08/03/05 (one day prior) the list of backup versions for files within that same directory is now empty.

Why would a point in time restore list not show anything, even though there are definately backup versions prior to the given date?????? Has this anything to do with directories being backed up with perhaps a different retention period than the files themselves??

Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

I ran into this too (but slightly different problem), and found that this seems to be a flaw in the GUI. If you do a point-in-time restore via the command line, you'd actually get files back, even though the GUI doesn't show them. Stupid I know, but I couldn't even see the folder I wanted to restore through the gui, yet when I did a command line restore using the same date/time/folder, it worked.

Bart

Back