PATH not found error while backing up systemstate

dreamz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,

I have a strange problem backing up systemstate on two physical nodes. Local backup works fine but if fails while backing up Systemstate with a PATH not found error. Couldnt find any relevant msg in Q ACT..

Tried backing up systemstate through NTBackup and it worked fine.

Any idea on what could be wrong? Please help.

Just to add some more details..

Here is the error message :

ANS4006E Error processing '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy9': dir
ectory path not found

The TSM client version is 5.5.2 and TSM Server is AIX 5.3

Is this related to the VSS patches by Microsoft?

If you are backing up from an AIX client and an AIX directory the slashes are the wrong way round.

it's a windows client actually...

ok. So TSM client does not appear to resolve the path.

Can you back up using the client GUI

To back up the system state using the GUI:

1. Click Backup from the GUI main window. The Backup window appears.
  2. Expand the directory tree by clicking the plus sign +. To display files in a folder, click the folder icon.
  3. Locate the System State node in the directory tree. You can expand the System State node to display the components.
  4. Click the selection box next to the System State node to back up the entire system state. You can back up the System State node only as a single entity because of dependencies among the system state components. By default, all components are selected; you cannot back up individual system state components.
  5. Click Backup. The Backup Task List window displays the backup processing status. When processing completes, the Backup Report window displays processing details

Hi.thanks for the reply, that's what i'm doing actually..

The systestate backup terminates with a "Path not found" error :mad:

I applied the VSS patches suggested by Microsoft and rebooted the node. it didnt help!

Thanks!

This problem is resolved by uninstalling TSM 5.5.2 and install back 5.5.1.

There could be some bug in 5.5.2 which might have caused this problem ????

Back