password problems when setting up service

tjelf

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am having issues getting a service to start after using the "dsmcutil inst scheduler" command:

dsmcutil inst scheduler /name:"TSM Client Scheduler" /node:xxxx /password:xxxx /clientdir:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient" /optfile:"c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt" /autostart:yes

The service is being set up, but it won't start.

I get 2 password related error messages:

Error 2 establishing TSM API session: The password couldn't be authenticated with the TSM server.

Error 2 authenticating password: The password couldn't be authenticated with the TSM server.

Client: WinServer 2003, TSM 5.3.4
Server: WinServer 2000, TSM 5.1.8 (I know, this could be it, but thinking that the client will work downlevel to the server)

I have new client machines replacing older ones, using the same client names. The TSM server has not been replaced yet (very soon). I did not change any node registrations or schedule associations, figured I wouldn't have to.

Any ideas?

Um, never mind, I still get the errors, but after I changed an incorrect entry in the dsm.opt file, it started. We'll see if I get a backup tonight.

password

tjelf,

if you still encounter password related errors, try updating your password from the client side:
dsmcutil updatepw /node:NODENAME /password:pASSWORD /force:yes /name:"SCHEDULENAME"

Jens

Back