Password problem

ToomasAas

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I've installed TDP Domino 5.5.2 on SLES11 server, where the B/A client was already installed and working. The TDP Domino install and initial setup with dominstall seem to have resulted in mostly working config, but there are some problems:

1. I cannot acces TDP Domino via the web client - when choosing Domino NSF, a node is displayed blank and the following is logged to dsmerror.log:

Code:
ANS1608E Domino plugin operation failed with the following message: 
 ANS1025E (RC137)  Session rejected: Authentication failure
2. When launching domdsmc commands from the command line, I'm always prompted for password. For example 'domdsmc query adsmserver' prompts for password, then displays the information that to me seems to indicate it successfully contacts the server.

Sounds like I'm missing PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE somewhere, doesn't it? But I have it set both in the B/A client config file /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/dsm.sys for the B/A client's server stanza as well as in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_lotus/dsm.sys.additions for the TDP server stanza. What else do I need to do to make the web client happy?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

After reviewing the thread linked above, I understood that the TSM.PWD file was indeed not created by 'domdsmc query adsm ...' command.

My problem was that I wasn't specifying the SERVERNAME stanza for my TDP node in the correct dsm.sys file.

I wish that dominstall and IBM documentation were clearer on this... At the end of dominstall, it tells you to 'Make the suggested changes to the dsm.sys file /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.sys', without actually saying what the suggested changes are.

I figured that the 'suggested changes' are those that can be found in files dsm.sys.additions and dsm.sys.changed_entries in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_NotesUSER directory. Making these changes in .../client/ba/dsm.sys didn't help. Reading on the documentation led me to believe that changing the .../client/ba/dsm.sys file is not needed and the information is automatically picked up from the dsm.sys.additions and dsm.sys.changed_entries files. Now it seems that this is not the case either.

Finally I stumbled across this document: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=669&uid=swg21265482, from which I understood that the SERVER stanza for the TDP node should actually be put into /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/dsm.sys file. After doing this, TSM.PWD file was created by the 'domdsmc query adsm ...' command, and the web client also displays the TDP node. Problem solved.

Back