Oracle back up & recovery

aaghaz

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
life.aaghaz.net
A-o-a

I am quite new , do not know much about TSM, can any one help me in describing that how could I back up my oracle DB and what will be rstoring mechanism, and do i need TDP for DB back up ....could not be it done with out it?

Thanks &

Regards

Mohsin

Tivoli has a module called TSM for Databases this the TDP for Oracle. The TDP uses RMAN to manage what part of the database is open and available for backup and how it will queue internally requests so that you can get a good HOT backup of the database. With the TDP you can also get a COLD backup. That is RMAN shuts down the database or put it in standby mode to take a copy of the database. Once that copy is made it open the database back up to be updated. Tivoli TDP for database inacts with oracle RMAN to use either the HOT or COLD feature for backup.

Without TSM for Database you can still backup the database. The oracle database would have to be shut down and a copy made as a flat file. Once that process is complete you can then back that flat file up with TSM without the TDP.

Back