Offsite volumes and vaultretrieve problem

DarkOne

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi TSMers,

i've got a very strange situation in my TSM environment.
We are using DRM for vaulting and I checkout the copypool volumes every evening by querying them via q drmedia * wherestate=mountable
and bring them to vault via move drmedia * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk wait=no.

Yesterday I noticed that some offsite volumes are not longer listed in DRM, means DRM doesn't know them anymore and if I check the volhist for this volumes they have been deleted from storagepool, but DRM didn't bring them back to vaultretrieve, even if they're empty.

I did some testing and checked them into the library as private volumes. If I do a q libvol, the volumes show me last use "?", so TSM don't know them anymore and I can update them to scratch.

But how can it be that DRM doesn't bring them back to vaultretrieve?

Hi TSMers,

i've got a very strange situation in my TSM environment.
We are using DRM for vaulting and I checkout the copypool volumes every evening by querying them via q drmedia * wherestate=mountable
and bring them to vault via move drmedia * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk wait=no.

Yesterday I noticed that some offsite volumes are not longer listed in DRM, means DRM doesn't know them anymore and if I check the volhist for this volumes they have been deleted from storagepool, but DRM didn't bring them back to vaultretrieve, even if they're empty.

I did some testing and checked them into the library as private volumes. If I do a q libvol, the volumes show me last use "?", so TSM don't know them anymore and I can update them to scratch.

But how can it be that DRM doesn't bring them back to vaultretrieve?

Check in actlog if anything happen in tsm , i will be in actlog. If it in volhist i will show last use.

Check in actlog if anything happen in tsm , i will be in actlog. If it in volhist i will show last use.

Hi, the problem ist that actlog can't tell me anything about these volumes because they have been deleted from the storage pool months before if I search them in the volhist.
So actlog doesn't longer contain any entries about them.

hi...

i think maybe you can try to inactivate the admin schedule for delete volume history. i have face this problem last year for my tsm dbbackup tape. i was try stop the del vol history and after a few day the tsm db tape was reclaim as vaultretrieve. For tape that tsm doesn't know you cna checkin as scratch.

Back