Offsite reclamation cannot be accessed

gmourani

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Since four weeks ago I have the following problem return by message ID ANR1229W & ANR1259W.

ANR1229W
Volume FS0001L4 cannot be backed up to a copy storage pool or copied to an active-data storage pool. The volume is offline, in use by another process, not currently mountable, or access mode is "unavailable" or "destroyed". (SESSION: 23365, PROCESS: 1572)

ANR1259W
Files on volume FS0001L4 needed for offsite reclamation cannot be accessed - access mode is "unavailable" or "offsite". (SESSION: 23314, PROCESS: 1553)

The message said that I've to use the UPDATE VOLUME command to change the access mode for the volume and initiate reclamation again by updating the reclamation threshold for the copy storage pool. I do the first command and now the access mode is back to Read/Write but I don't know how to do the second command? Could someone help me here, thanks.

First ensure that your volumes are physically in the library. Otherwise they will just become unavailable again. You should really look at your activity log history to see why they were made unavailable.

You can run the reclamation manually with the 'reclaim stg' command

How to put it into the library, it's presently physically into the robot, here the information about it.

tsm: FS-TSM-01>q vol fs0001l4 f=d

Volume Name: FS0001L4
Storage Pool Name: DEFAUT_TP
Device Class Name: LTO4
Estimated Capacity: 2.3 T
Scaled Capacity Applied:
Pct Util: 2.5
Volume Status: Full
Access: Read/Write
Pct. Reclaimable Space: 97.8
Scratch Volume?: Yes
In Error State?: No
Number of Writable Sides: 1
Number of Times Mounted: 193
Write Pass Number: 1
Approx. Date Last Written: 01/09/2009 06:15:08
Approx. Date Last Read: 03/02/2009 11:01:31
Date Became Pending:
Number of Write Errors: 0
Number of Read Errors: 0
Volume Location:
Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
Last Update Date/Time: 04/21/2009 10:08:15
Begin Reclaim Period:
End Reclaim Period:
Drive Encryption Key Manager: None

run 'q libv <libraryname> FS0001L4

and post the result

tsm: FS-TSM-01>q libv TS3200-1 FS0001L4
ANR2034E QUERY LIBVOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

Ok. TSM is not aware of the existence of the volume in the library/robot. If the volume is in the library/robot then you need to check the volume in to TSM using the 'checkin libv' command

I've run the following command to check the volume in but still no luck. The tape is not into the library and I cannot see it anywhere even into the robot.
checkin libvolume TS3200-1 FS0001L4 status=private waitt=0

qmourani,

You need to either find this tape or restore it from your offsite copies.

One thing you could do is run an audit on the library from TSM. 'audit libr checkl=barcode'

I always ensure all my drives are empty before runnning this command

Just had a thought. The audit will not find the tape if it is not in the library. If you can not physically find the tape then restore from offsite copies.

'restore vol FS0001L4 preview=yes' this command will tell you which tapes to recall from offsite

Once the tapes are returned, check them into the library as private, update them to readonly, run the restore command again with preview=no

I've started the restore vol command and waiting for the command to complete. Will let you know my results. Here some output:

tsm: FS-TSM-01>restore vol FS0001L4 preview=yes
ANR2110I RESTORE VOLUME started as process 1587.
ANS8003I Process number 1587 started.

tsm: FS-TSM-01>q pr

Process Process Description Status
Number
-------- -------------------- -------------------------------------------------
1,586 Space Reclamation Offsite Volume(s) (storage pool VOUTE_TP), Moved
Files: 4, Moved Bytes: 25,588,920,992,
Unreadable Files: 1, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
Current Physical File (bytes): 10,372,183,112
Current input volume: FS0020L4. Current output
volume: FS0004L4.

The "restore vol FS0001L4 preview=yes" command completed successfully and I've run the command "checkin libvolume TS3200-1 FS0001L4 status=private waitt=0" to insert the tape into the library as recommended but the tape doesn't want to move inside the library and still stay into the robot.

Sorry I am confused. Do you have the tape FS0001L4?

Then you need to check the tape into TSM with the command 'checkin libv'

Finally its work! It's now inside the library with status=private.
Does I need to do something else no?

That's it. As TSM can now see the tape there is no other action that should be required.

Thanks a lot,

The status on the tape is still "Private". Do I've to change it to "Scratch" or TSM will do it automatically for me when require?

TSM will reclaim the tape volume when all the data on the volume has expired. If you want to see what data is on the tape use the command ' q content'

Back