no DRM module

melfaro

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Our company didn't purchase the DRM module so I am considering writing scripts for DRM. Has anyone done this before? Is there a Redbook or document that I can refer to about this?

Thanks.

So the question is what licensing did your company purchase, basic or extended ?

Becasue if you only have basic, then your correct that you cannot legally run the DRM.

If on the other hand you have extended, then you can as part of the new licensing scheme.

I can tell you from experience that doing DRM without the DRM license is a real challenge!

It probably can be done, but practically everybody relies upon the DRM module in one way

or another to make this work right.

If you have some more specific questions, we might be able to provide you with some guidance, but your initial query is too broad to really answer at this point.

Andy.

You know its all doable - and Yep - cause somebody has to do it.

My advise to you would be to download the DRM module - take a look a the recovery plan examples in Appendix C. Take the "command line" statements out of it and insert them into a simple Korn Shell script.

You'll have to do the same if "off-siting" your media - in a separate script - proceed with the manual steps to move your media from one drm class to another until the cycle is complete.

You may even have to create an Excel spreadsheet to record the media rotations.

It's alot of work. Explain this to your Mgmt and outline the pros and cons of this process and I'll bet they'll purchase the necessary licenses.

Good luck - if you need any help on this come on back.

Steven

Back