Networker Error

ee01akk

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have been attempting a backup using Networker, but the backup keeps failing saying that Networker Remote Exec service cannot be started.

We decided to uninstall then re-install Networker, and we are getting this error message:

"Error 11920: service

Your post contains a lot of 'guesswhere' ('guess, what is running where').
I just assume that it is NW/Windows. No idea about the versions. Even the error message is incomplete.
Honestly, which straight help do you expect with this kind of input?

On the other hand, there should not be any problem with the client software unless you have a network issue and block port 7937 & 7938.

Your post contains a lot of 'guesswhere' ('guess, what is running where').
I just assume that it is NW/Windows. No idea about the versions. Even the error message is incomplete.
Honestly, which straight help do you expect with this kind of input?

On the other hand, there should not be any problem with the client software unless you have a network issue and block port 7937 & 7938.

I did post the whole error message, and then tried to repost the same message again, but this forum wasn't working properly at the time, so don't jump to conclusions.

"I did post the whole error message, and then tried to repost the same message again, but this forum wasn't working properly at the time, so don't jump to conclusions."

Good way to try and get help!!!

Anyway it looks like you nsrexecd service isn't starting properly or maybe the listening ports are blocked. Try looking at the local firewall, that would probably be a good start.

Also has this ever worked? What have you changed?

Back