Networker 7.5 backups timing out

biofreak

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys,

I am running networker 7.5 with a server and two storage nodes. I am getting timeouts when backing up a client. The client is a 2x quad core 16Gb ram DB server. I am NOT using the SQL module. Scripts are setup to do a database dump and I backup the dumps.

The backup of this folder starts off and gets to about 4000Mb backed up in under 2 mins then just sits there until it times out.

I have stopped and started the services on the client and servers. Re-installed the client with 7.5 as it had 7.4 on. I have restarted the backup servers. I have renamed the tmp folder and restarted the services on the server.

The folder is 420Gb in size and I am using LTO3 tape library's to do the backup.

I have also tried to just select a single database dump and get the same issue...

Any help would be appreciated!

Something else that seems strange.

When I look under sessions, it states that the backup has been running for 200 seconds and done 4000Mb. Under devices in monitoring it shows 65+Gb and running...

?????

What the size of Data are we talking about? have you implemented a dedicated storage Node solution for that Server? are you using pre & post savepnpc solution? Networker offer a range of solution to address your problem.

It seems to be an issue with networker 7.5
Before upgrading the backups went through.
This problem was happening with files in excess of 80Gb. It would basically just time out.
I have set my timeouts to 0 and it is working now.

Great, I am glad that workout for you. nsr_keepalive_wait should have done the trick for you.

Back