Netware 6.5 SP5 running TSM client 5.3.2.2 issues

Bollard

Newcomer
Reaction score
All, I have a unicode issue in that Netware cannot handle special unicode characters and this is only seen on large F&P servers where files are saved with unusual strings containing for example [2006], this causes the client to hang and the backup halts, I have applied all the Netware patches recommended from the README from the ftp site where I downloaded the 5.3.2.0 client from IBM, I patched it to FIX Pack 2 for 5.3 and its had no effect. Essentially its a Novell issue but they are blaming IBM and vice versa, I am sure many of you would have seen this before.

Is there a work around??

Would the 5.2.4 client for Netware be better??

My TSM server is W2K3 with 5.3.2 running.

Thanks for any help on this one......

Hi I have a simular problem with Novell Netware 5.5 SP5 with TSM CLient 5.3.2.2. with a Win TSM 5.2 Server. Seems to be when the client hits the file the client utilization gets stuck, in our case 25% (4 cpu system)

Even if you unload the client (if it does not Abend the Server) the utilization stays high.

Also have the latest patches on the client TSM/Netware.

Any help welcome.

CB

I don't have Netware servers in the mix anymore, but as of 6.5 we experienced on and off utilization issues. Check your TSANDS.nlm version first and foremost. I was the cause of 2 patch release TSANDS.NLM files (and related packages) over a 2 year period because I kept on them (both IBM and Novell).

I am not sure at this point what release is "new and improved" since decommissioning the Netware servers, but I do know that is where I would look first.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Back