Need Script for Successful/Missed/Failed nodes per night

tech_op

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi at the moment ive been tasked with finding a way of showing how many nodes are successful at backing up overnight so that we can report on the percentage of nodes backed up nightly,monthly etc.

PLEASE DO NOT POINT ME TOWARDS THE OPERATIONAL REPORTING etc as none of these tools are an option to me unfortunately.I just need a simple script.

Thanks

:confused:

Hello

You can do a select statement like his " select node_name, status from events order by status desc" the output will look like this. It is sorted alphbetically so I used desc at the end od the statement to show the Missed and Faile first really the one to worrry about. If you run this every morning after backups it will get the previous night.

BMC02 Missed

CONTROLSRV Missed

MEGATRACKSRV Failed

AUTODOC Failed

FAMSSRV Failed

LOTUS_NOTES Failed

FNOSAR Completed

RDSYNAPPSRV Completed

RDSYNDBSRV Completed

SYNAPPSRV Completed

Their are additonal fields to look at in the events table as shown below

SCHEDULED_START: 2005-04-01 01:00:00.000000

ACTUAL_START:

DOMAIN_NAME: AIX

SCHEDULE_NAME: 0100_AIX_FN

NODE_NAME: FNROOT

RESULT:

REASON:

If you want to find a speciic day like 03/28/2005 then use below

select NODE_NAME, status, SCHEDULED_START from events where SCHEDULED_START>'2005-03-28' and SCHEDULED_START<'2005-03-29' order by status desc

If you want to schedule it you can create a command script like ck_eve and run that script. To accomplish this you need a script with the following "dmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin run ck_eve" is a script called run_ck_eve.sh.

schedule that in cron and email it to yourself.

I saw this and decided to try it out for myself.

It works, with one small problem. It doesn't print the node names, just blanks.

Otherwise, it works as described.

Any idea why this would not print out node names?

John

yea works great.. all I added was:

... and ( NODE_NAME is NOT NULL ) order by status desc

Is there a reason that you wouldn't use what hschlight suggested below?

q event * * type=client begindate=today-1 begint=15:00 endd=today endt=now

I'm just wondering.

hello all, I am new here. I have only been using Tivoli a few months so I am kinda newbie at this.

This is exactly what I want, I need something to e-mail out to my team members. I would love to put something like this is cron, however I am on a windows box. Is there a way to get the report to mail out with a W2k3?

Also, when I write the below script where do I put it and how do I schedule it? Would I have to use a native windows task manager?

I would like the e-mail to display the contents of q ev * * type=client begindate=today-1. Thanks for your help.

use the admin console.

execute this command:

dsmadmc -se=YourServerName -pass=xxxx q ev * * type=client begindate=today-1 > /temp/backup

that will redirect the result of your query on the /temp/backup file,

then just e-mail it.

Thanks for the reply May,

I could do that, I was looking to automate the procedure and have it e-mail out to my team members. How would I do that with windows?

do you know "Blat.exe".

it just do the same thing as mal in Unix world.

have a look it is really a good exe, you can attach file and also send e-mail in html mode

yes...got it..

How would I get the output of q ev * * into the message though. I could output to a text file and schedule the textfile to be mailed out, however I'd like the output of q ev * * to be in the body of the message. Any ideas? If not, mailing out the text file would be fine I guess.

here is a sample:

blat.exe Schedlog.txt -to "your@" -subject "SAV LOG" -f admin@tsm -server yourmailserver

where Schedlog.txt is the file you creat every time you run your q ev * * command,

==> this command will output the Schedlog.txt on the body of your mail

hope it s clear ;)

Back