Need help for ANR0254E

hoyuken

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
One of my log volume have been crashed few times in last few days. The hardwares have been diagnosed without any error. I did auditdb and it seems it doesn't help much to solve the problem. Also I tried to run a test of backup. It took extra 60% time longer than as usual. so I suspect the problem is causing by this crash.

There are few errors with ANR8556E and ANR0254E shown after my TSM server 5.5 crashed:
ANR8556E An error (64) occurred during a write operation to disk U:\TSM\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM.
ANR0254E Error writing logical page 228 (physical page 484) to recovery log volume U:\TSM\SERVER1\LOG1.DSM.

There is no detail for how to repair the failing volume under ANR0254E

Have you done a checkdisk for Volume U:\? Maybe you should create a new logfile.

Thank for the reply.

How can I create new log volume? Will I lose the data currently in LOG1.DSM?

At first you should know why your old logfile is corrupt.

create logfile:
def logv [path] formatsize=[size]
extend log
reduce log
del old logfile

toxy13, I've def logv a new logvolume, and del logv for old logvolume. So am I safe to delete the old logvolume in Windows?

Please advice

Don't forget to do a dbase backup to clear your log if you want to switch volume or log type, etc. Also, do a "q db f=d" and see what your Cache Hit Pct. is, it should be above 99%.

Mike

If you've deleted it from TSM, you can delete it from the OS.

If the TSM server is started and the volume is still in use, you won't be able to delete it.

Thank you so much. The problem have been resolved.

Back