NDMP NAS backups fail creating TOC, with ANR4950E, ANR0102E

vkravindran

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Recently our NDMP backups fail to create the TOC and it gives the following messages in the activity log:

11-04-2007 21:33:14 ANR0102E tocbuild.c(749): Error 1 inserting row in table
"NDMP.Image.Contents(TEMP)". (SESSION: 32032, PROCESS:
915)
12-04-2007 00:10:22 ANR4950E The server is unable to retrieve NDMP file
history information while building table of contents for
node <NAS-NODENAME>, file space <Filespacename>. NDMP
node ID is 3542794. Table of contents creation fails.
(SESSION: 32032, PROCESS: 920)

Has anyone faced this problem before?

Environment - TSM Server 5.3.1.6 on Solaris
NAS Server - EMC Celerra with Dart 5.5.25.2 (It was recently upgraded, I don't know if this has any relation)

The error occurs both with FULL and Differential backup.

I had the same problem with my NDMP backups using EMC NAS. I had calls open with EMC and IBM. IBM asked for everything from my system - logs, configurations, etc. I tried explaining that it worked one day and then just stopped working the next.

In the end, we configured checkpoints on the NAS side and now I only backup the checkpoints. I haven't had any problems with this.

Good luck,

Nettie Kinison

Thanks, Nettie..
My problem is that it has been working fine since long, and it is still working with our pre-prod environment. It is not easy for us to change to checkpoints very easily.. Does it need a lot of changes on the NAS side? Can it be done with no user impact?
How does the restore work with checkpoints?

Sorry, I didn't see your question until today.

The checkpoints are very easy to set up and don't have any impact on the production file system. You need disk space for them.

We create daily checkpoints and can easily restore from these.

I backup the checkpoints during the day and send the tapes offsite. I only keep about 2 months of the tapes then they get recycled.

Back