Mystery D Drive

dndzc5

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
:confused: This is Dave Cummings. I am running TSM 5.1 clients with TSM 5.1 Server running on a OS390 platform. I have a problem with one of my clients. The TSM server insists there is a local drive called D:. I have checked everything. There are no filespaces named D$, there is not a D drive when I pull up the client local drives. I have ecplicity excluded D: in the clients option file and then deleated the filespaces and tried again. This is after several reinstalls of the client. For some reason the server thinks there is a D drive eventhough everywhere I look (server and client) there is no configuration indicating a D drive. Any help is greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a problem like that before but on a NT system. My option file had a different client name. you might want to look into that. I am not really familiar with os/390.

I will check that. At one time this client had a different node name. What did you do and where did you look to see if the server was picking something else up. Did you need to look at the TSM server tables themselves or would there be another area to investigate. Thanks for your info and if there is anything place else I can look please let me know.

Back