maxscratch on offsite pool

sanjoy.pan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I need to update the maximum scratch volume no. on offsite storage pool all most everyday. The no. becomes 260 compare to primepool (onsite) 70. I run space reclaimation script on every week-end, but I don't get volumes retrieved. If I don't modify the maxscr on drmpool the processess backuppool to drmpool and primepool to drmpool gets terminated. Let me know how can I control the maxscr setting on drmpool and get the drm volumes retrieved.

Thanks in advance.

... i have maxscr=200 and drm volumes are not retrieved until their expiration time comes which is 30 days.

How many processes do you start when backing up your primary storage pools? I run my storage pool backups with one process, that way only one tape at a time is used for copy pool data. When the tape fills up, the process will grab another one. By doing this I can set the max-scratch on my off-site storage pool to 9999 and the storage pool backup process wil only take tapes as they are needed, one at a time.

As far as the issue with your tapes not coming back, this will all depend on how many versions of the data you are keeping and how long you are retaining it. Also, make sure that you are running expiration on a regular basis. I run expiration every day. I hope this helps!

Dwight

Thanks! It helped me a lot in understanding & fixing the issue.

Best regards,

Sanjoy

Back