OKTSMGURU21

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
ANR7807W Unable to get information for file

ANR1311E Vary-on failed for disk

unable to access disk device.

ANR1316E Vary-on failed for disk volume

internal error detected

These are definitely disk errors. Perhaps if we knew your OS, OS Version, TSM version, how you got the error, and other details someone may have an answer.

Andy :confused:

Okay,.....Thank You For Your Response.

OSLEVEL - 5.1.0

TSM LEVEL - 5.1.5

TSM SERVER is in a Standalone Environment

The ORIGINAL reason that these errors were discovered is due to another situation

( ANR0418W ). I found a possible solution for this on ADSM.ORG, and attempted to put it in play. After I completed applying the solution, I was asked to run a "dsmserv", and issue a new password for the administrator-in-error. Well, while the dsmserv was processing,

I noticed the before-mentioned errors, and here I am..........

:cry:

I get errors on TSM start-up varying on volumes. The cause in my case is security. I am not an AIX admin. For some reason I have rights to start the program, but I do not have rights to where the DB volumes are. Have you checked security?

Also have you verified the file system where the volumes are is good?

Was your last program stop a crash? If so, maybe a volume is corrupt.

Andy

Well, This Is The Kicker:

The Filesystem That Is Associated With This Device ( logical volume ) Is Mounted

( I can see the volume in the SERVER ADMIN ), But When I Perform An " LS " On The Host File, The Volume Does Not Appear

EXAMPLE: Say I Have A Archive Volume Named '/usr/lpp/sysback/archive1.dsm'

Well, I Should Be Able To Use AIX Commands And Go Into '/usr/lpp/sysback/', And See The Volume(file) 'archive1.dsm'......I Can Go Into The SERVER ADMIN, And Into The Storage Pools And See This Volume And Where It Is Associated. But, I Cannot See This Volume(file) When I Use The AIX Commands ( LS command ) Respectively......

It Is Like It Has Disappeared in AIX, But, Is Viewable In TSM.

Little By Little, I WILL Get To The Bottom Of This............ :mad:

Shutdown TSM (if you even got it to start)

Make sure the filesystem is mounted (df or mount command)

Make sure no filesystem is full (df command and look for 100%)

Run errpt and look for disk errors

If the filesystem is mounted and not full:

unmount the filesystem with the data. (if you can - if you can't, then you'll need to boot to maint-mode)

fsck the filesystem (fix any errors)

remount the filesystem and see if you can "see" files in the dir

start TSM

If you can't unmount the filesystem (/usr, /, /var, and others)

boot to an AIX 5.1 install CD (disk 1) and choose maintenance mode.

start a shell without mounting filesystems

fsck the filesystems via the device (example: fsck -y /dev/hd2)(this is /usr)

exit maint-mode and reboot normally

It appears that AIX is having problems reading the files. TSM just holds pointers to a file within the filesystem so even if it shows up within TSM, it doesn't mean AIX can access the files correctly.

If all else fails, call IBM support (AIX side, not TSM) and get AIX "seeing" those files with the `ls` command and then move forward with TSM.

-Aaron

Back