Magzine locked by host system!! strange issue

khurram

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Guys

I am facing an strange issue with TSM 5.5 and TS3200 library

Sometimes, IO station of this library get locked by itself and when i try to unlock the IO station it says "Magzine locked by host system".

There was no process running inside TSM , except that one drive was mounted for some backup process ( even its cartridge was in ide state)

Even i tried to run audit library to resolve this issue, but audit process started , however there was no activity inside library and i finally cancelled the process.

Any ideas, there are no errors in activity log!

The only way , which i found to resolve is to run reinventory from library panel,

BUT this is not the correct solution!!

Please help

Did any one found out the solution for the same???

Even I too facing the same problem now...

kindly help out...

What are your return code ???
Sametime i have a similary problem, i restart the LibraryManager because because he lost his feet, and it's impossible to communicate with the TapeLibrary.

Simple solution.. my guess you are using windows OS

Goto -> Run -> type services.msc and press enter. You will enter in the windows services window. Goto Removable storage service -- Stop it, goto its properties and disable it. Restart your system and you will be fine.

Goto -> Run -> type services.msc and press enter. You will enter in the windows services window. Goto Removable storage service -- Stop it, goto its properties and disable it. Restart your system and you will be fine.

Its under AIX platform...

Can you suggest me for AIX operating system...

Never seen for aix

I have not seen for aix. It may be possible that the drives are in use by some other application or process. in linux there is lcof command i guess to see. For aix,you can test bu shutting down aix and then see if it is still showing magazine locked.

Sorry to post so many questions...

U mean to say I need to halt TSM Server service???

I didn't configure any library manager as of now...

Do I need to really configure the library manager for this???

Hi gardenia,
Before stop your LibraryManager, you can test this command (display what tape are mounted on what drives) :select LIBRARY_NAME, DRIVE_NAME, VOLUME_NAME, ALLOCATED_TO from drives where drive_state != 'EMPTY'

For me, i start this command and after on TSM Library Manager i do Halt, and on the server aix, i reboot command.

I have tsm server 5.5.3 on aix 5.2

Library Manager is required if you have multiple TSM servers and they use the same robot (physical or virtual tape).

I have 4 servers tsm and one library manager for managed IBM TS3500(tape 3592) and vtf.

Sorry to post so many questions...
I didn't configure any library manager as of now...

Do I need to really configure the library manager for this???

Hi gardenia,
Before stop your LibraryManager, you can test this command (display what tape are mounted on what drives) :select LIBRARY_NAME, DRIVE_NAME, VOLUME_NAME, ALLOCATED_TO from drives where drive_state != 'EMPTY'

For me, i start this command and after on TSM Library Manager i do Halt, and on the server aix, i reboot command.

I have tsm server 5.5.3 on aix 5.2

Hi Samuel,

I have TS3200 tape library with 1 TSM Server. I haven't configured library manager as of now.

I too found the tape drive is empty and no schedules/process are running.

Shal I halt the TSM Server service and restart the TSM Server once?

Kindly suggest!!!

Back