LTO-4 Firmware Update

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Anyone know where this is? IBM Fix Central only has LTO-3.

I miss the days of just going to the ftp site and getting any version I need. Why does IBM have to continually "improve" things?

Haha yeah it's a pain that's for sure but what you have to do it browse to storage systems -> tape systems -> tape autoloaders and libraries -> TS3500 Tape Library (3584-L22,L23,L53) and platform all.

Then on the next page check which fix back you need, for example highest I can go library firmware is 8930. When you continue to the next page if you scroll down you'll see all the LTO tape drive firmwares, highest is A239 right now for LTO4's.

Thank you! I knew I had downloaded library things from Fix Central before. I had a brain gap and was going to Tape Drives -> IBM3580. Thanks again!

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking for the current firmware for an IBM LTO4 FC drive, MT code is 3588 F4A. I think this is an IBM TS1040 model tape drive?

I've searched up and down fix central and found nothing. I am going blind?

One of our drives is at firmware revision A239 and I'd like to get the rest in line.

Thanks

Fix Central is a real PITA :up:
You can find drivers here:
ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/358x/3584

I hope IBM won't discover their mistake forgetting to disable this painless access method some day

Well,
I am trying to find firmware level b710 for fiber channel.

In the readme of the fixlist I was able to find this line is written down:
Code:
Drive Code Level: B710  (LTO4_FH_FC, LTO4_FH_SAS, LTO4_FH_SCSI)

But only SAS and SCSI are included. :mad:
At least this time I wrote a few feedback lines to tell them how much I like fix central. Our drives' name is TS1040. Never ever found this in fix central. For the last time I used TS2340, but loading the wrong firmware probably will kill the drive instead of the web designer.

As the old ftp site seems to be abandoned and out-dated in order to force people using fix central, does anyone have a download link for the FC firmware?

.. They did even send an answer.
It reads "The TS1040 downloads are always found under its library, TS3500" etc.

There are device drivers, but no microcode.
Can't decide between :mad: and :D

Edit:
Ok, sorry. Found it:
you have to check "Include prerequisites and co-requisite fixes". Then all drive firmware levels will be listed.

The IBM technician told me to update to level b710. But this level seems to be unsupported on non-ALMS-libraries

Last edited:
Back