Journal DB in a MCSC environment

C

clebb

Hi

I am getting ANS1030E: 'The operating system refused a TSM request for memory allocation' on a fileserver after it has processed 3 mill+ files.

For the journal service to be startet on the active node i suppose there has to be a cluster ressource controlling this. How do i set up the cluster ressource for the journal service? Is it a generic service? And which registry parameters do i need, if any?

Any help is appreciated

Claus Ebbesen

ATEA Enterprise, Denmark

We have TSM Journaling clustered but still receive ANS1030E message on one node. The schedule completes but I believe it's the cleanup process that has the issue. We still looking for answers.

We found that to cluster the journal service files needed to be copied from the client directory (C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\..) to the shared drive location (e.g. F:\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\...) - dscenu.txt, tsmjbbmr.dll, tsmjbbd.exe and tsmjbbd.ini. Also we have the dsm.opt and *.log files for the clustered node in this directory too.

To install we ran this on node 1 -

>dsmcutil install journal /name:<servicename> /node:<nodename> /clientdir:F:\Tivoli\TSM\baclient /autostart:no /optfile:F:\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt

To create the generic service resource is simple enough - dependent on the Disk resource and registry the same as the CAD or the Scheduler service -

software\tivoli\tsm\currentversion\backupclient\nodes\<nodename> (v524)

SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\BackupClient\Nodes\<nodename> (V532)

Hope this is useful.

null

Back