Item Level Restore Question

damianinpa

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
All,
I am using TDP for exchange and am trying to do an item level restore from a specific mailbox. My question...is there a way to search for an item to verify it was in the backup before restoring?? For example..a user calls and says I accidently deleted contact XYZ. It was there a few days ago. From a restore point of view, I am not sure what day I choose from backup, but, can make an educated guess. With file level restores you can easily see the files and versions that existed with TSM, but, with the TDP I see the item level filters that can be entered, but, nothing to verify it exists before I actually run the restore. Is this correct???? Must I run the mailbox restore and then hope the item I want is there????? No way to drill into the TDP first? Any help is appreciated.

If you are just using TDP for Mail to backup the Mailstore DB, then there is no way to find out if a particular file is on a backup.

If you don' have any PST backups, or are not using TSM 6.1 and up for individual mail restore, then all you could do is a hit and miss: restore the mailstore and find out if the file is there.

This is not an easy process.

Back