ISC Install on AIX

Asaf

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello All,

Just to inform: I tried to install ISC on AIX 5.3 using the KDE / GNOME user intrface and the installation faild after 10% :mad: .

When I switched to CDE intrface everyting is going ust right :confused: .

Asaf

SMIT is not an issue here, you can not install ISC using smit. I think this is related to the X11 libraries in AIX.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hello All,

Just to inform: I tried to install ISC on AIX 5.3 using the KDE / GNOME user intrface and the installation faild after 10% :mad: .

When I switched to CDE intrface everyting is going ust right :confused: .

Asaf</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Mine failed @ 10% on my first attempt too. I ran out of paging space. Make sure you have at least 1024MB - 2048MB free for paging.

All;

This is good information to know since the ISC requires AIX 5.2 servers to be at service level 5L. Also there is a fix in the works in TSM 5.3 code to compensate for lack of paging space. They are looking into expanding /tmp. I would be interested to see if this has any impact on AIX 5.3 servers.

Steven

I am runing ISC 51 on AIX 5300-02. Using mozilla as the browser. it works however it is veryslow, and mozilla complains about a program running slow that may cause the servr to become unresponsive on every action taken. There are 4 processors and 9 gig of memory. It is painfull but it does function so far.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I am runing ISC 51 on AIX 5300-02. Using mozilla as the browser. it works however it is veryslow, and mozilla complains about a program running slow that may cause the servr to become unresponsive on every action taken. There are 4 processors and 9 gig of memory. It is painfull but it does function so far.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hi:

Just a suggestion, I have found that upgrading Mozilla to the latest version and tuning it greatly increases the performance. After the upgrade: type about:config at the URL: line and search on pipe.

Change all hits to true and change 4 to 24.

Will

Back